Tuesday, July 22, 2014

There are no Kangaroos in Austria

Team Selfie on the Moving Sidewalk in Vienna

The first souvenir shop in Vienna displayed a tee shirt that read "There are no Kangaroos in Austria." Seeing as it's 10 am here and 1 am where my body wishes I were, I found this extremely hilarious. People must mix Austria and  Austraila up all the time. I would never confuse two great lands. For I, of course, started quoting "The Sound of Music" as soon as we touched down here in Austria, exclaiming the "hills were alive" and that the souvenirs were "a few of my favorite things." 

Now, if you've never been to the airport in Vienna, it's huge. I mean, HUGE huge. In my terminal alone there are 99 gates. NINETY NINE. And I know the terminal next door has the same amount! Luckily, we quickly navigated from our arrival gate to our departure gate. I even got my passport stamped! Unfortunately, my years in French and Spanish classrooms have yet to aid me but I did say "danke" to the pilot (and he gave me a "I know you're American" look...but hey, when in Rome!).

So now I'm lounging outside our gate in style. They have sleek leather couch/lounge chairs...score! I have about 2 hours until we board our final flight. Once we get to Warsaw, we drive to the Belarusian border! Thank you for all your prayers and please keep praying! Customs at the Belarusian border can take a while and we'll be exhausted by then...so please pray for communication ease, smooth transitions, and, of course, continued travel mercies!

All my love from 5,501 miles away (according to Google),
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of prayers your way. I loved reading this post--you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete